- I’ve had months at a time where I wake up and get that sinking, doomed feeling knowing that today is going to be a bad day.
- I have flat moods everyday and I just don’t know what to do.
- I don’t see any change in my mental and physical inertia…I’m just so tired.
- My whole life just crashed today….mom’s mad at me for some reason….I woke up extremely depressed.
- I am pretty useless socially, not feeling like talking to anyone at work or home.
Have you stopped taking your antidepressant because you felt like any of the people above?
According to research, about 33% of patients who take antidepressants experience sub-optimal response to medication. As a result, many people stop taking their medications. However, they may not be aware of the detrimental effects this can have. Untreated depression sets back your treatment plan, extending the depressive episode. In addition, quitting antidepressants can worsen other medical conditions that you might have such as chronic pain or thyroid imbalances. Deciding to stop taking your antidepressant is not the answer. It might be the time to look into alternative treatment options. You have the power to seek out options that can make you feel better. If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the depressive symptoms above, call the Institute for Advanced Medical Research at Mercer University at 770-817-9200 for more information.
Ready to learn more?
Still not sure? Take another quiz…