- A medical condition that commonly appears in people who have experienced a traumatic event in their life.
- Males, females, and children of any race or ethnicity can get PTSD.
- Examples of traumatic events include: serving in the military, having experienced a car accident, acts of terrorism, natural disasters or even personal attacks
Symptoms for PTSD
- Flashbacks, nightmares, sleepless nights
- Elevated heart rate
- Feeling guilty, depressed, worried
One of the biggest misconceptions that go along with PTSD is that the disorder can not be treated. However, Dr. Sambunaris (a veteran himself) at the Institute for Advanced Medical Research believes that there is treatment available. Come in today to the Institute for Advanced Medical Research at Mercer University to receive an evaluation at a leading medical research facility-free of cost.
Have you experienced or lived through a life-threatening or traumatic event? Do you have residual effects?
Call today at 770-817-9200.